St. Thomas More Academy employs the Educational Records Bureau (ERB) to administer and grade the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) for rising 9th and 10th graders, as well for rising 6th graders.
Many private schools in our area and many more college preparatory schools throughout the nation use this test for evaluative purposes. The ISEE is an excellent tool for any college preparatory school, as the results are often very similar to those the student receives after taking the PSAT in the first preparatory year. The ISEE gives the school and parents a good sense of where the student is on a trajectory towards taking the SAT in the third and fourth years.
Junior/Senior transfers are required to submit PSAT (or similar) scores. If these are not available, the ISEE test must be taken.
Parents should check the test schedule and register students at the ISEE registration web page. Please see instructions for registering at the bottom of this page.
Students may take the test at any location as long as the results are forwarded to the Academy using the St. Thomas More Academy ERB number. The ERB number is 344656.
For your convenience, the ISEE is regularly scheduled at our campus. We have 4 test dates available during the 2019-2020 academic year:
December 7, 2019 (not available for 6th grade applicants) - Event Code: LPLU6E7D
January 11, 2020 - Event Code: T4G8ZHJF
February 1, 2020 - Event Code: F7LLXV6E
March 14, 2020 - Event Code: QGYSBEZR
Check in time is at
ERB’s fee for the ISEE test during the 2019-20 testing season is $125 for online registration and an additional $25 for phone registration. Testing at a Prometric Office is $200.
Phone registration number: 800-446-0320 or 919-956-8524. Be sure to register early for the test (minimum two weeks in advance), as walk-in registration at the test location is more costly and subject to availability.
ERB offers an
Please visit the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) website to register and to find out more information regarding fees and deadlines. Follow these instructions once on the site:
1. Create a Parent account;
2. Watch the video "How to Register for the ISEE";
3. Click "Add Student";
4. Enter student's information;
5. Click the green tab titled "Search and Register" to see available test dates and testing sites;
6. Enter information in the box titled "Registration Data" and click the green "Next" tab;
7. A testing date/site can be found one of two ways:
A. To register for an exam on our campus (dates listed above), enter the "Event Code" in the box to the right of the page for the specific date (please see the event codes listed above);
B. To chose a different date/site, in the box on the left of the page, simply chose Raleigh/Durham area in the "Consortium" box to search for available dates and testing sites;
8. Choose a test date/testing site from the provided list and click the green "Register" tab;
9. On the next page, you will see the testing site and date details; scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the STMA ERB number (344656) in the "Member Code" box to identify our school as a score recipient; click "Search";
10. Click "Add" on the page that appears; you will then see STMA listed on the right side of the next page as a "score recipient";
11. Click "Next" at the bottom of the page;
12. Enter payment information at the bottom of page and click the "I Agree" box, then "Submit Payment and Complete Registration".
For troubleshooting, please visit the ERB FAQ page here.
Please contact the Admissions Office by phone at 919-576-7064 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.