School Tours & Shadowing
Prospective families are invited to visit our campus in one of two ways: family tours or student shadowing/parent tours during shadowing. Please call our Admissions Office at 919-576-7064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. Please plan schedule your tour or student shadowing at least one week in advance.
During the school year or during summer months, families may request to visit STMA by scheduling a family tour. Family tours are scheduled on Wednesdays from 9am-Noon during the school year or by appointment during the summer months.
Student Shadowing/Parent Tours
Prospective students are welcome to “shadow” a current freshman student at St. Thomas More Academy throughout the school year.
Shadowing is typically scheduled on Wednesday mornings from 7:45am until Noon. Prospective students will join one of our freshman students as they attend their first four periods of the day.
If parents are interested in taking a tour of the school while their child is shadowing, please inform the Admissions Office to schedule. The parent tour will occur from 11:15am-Noon.
- Visiting Student Information Form - Before arriving at STMA, please complete this form.
- Arrival - Please park in the front parking lot and check your student in at the front desk by 7:45am.
- Pick-Up - Please pick up your student at 12:00pm by coming to the front office. If you have scheduled a tour, please arrive by 11:15am to complete the tour by 12:00pm.
- Cancelations/Reschedules - If school is delayed or canceled due to inclement weather, we will inform you. Of course, if we are not closed, but you feel it prudent to cancel your visit due to weather conditions, please do so. If you need to cancel/reschedule your visit due to any other reason, please email the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call 919-576-7064.
- How should I dress? The STMA informal uniform consists of skirts or pants and a polo shirt for young ladies; and black pants and a polo shirt for young men. Any similar attire is acceptable. You may want to bring a sweater/fleece because our classrooms can be quite cold!
- What should I bring? Visitors only need to bring a notebook and a pen or pencil.
- What should be left at home? Personal cell phones or other electronics are not allowed in the classroom. If you bring your phone, you will be asked to leave it at the front desk, turned off.
- What is the schedule during my shadow day? After checking in, your student host will meet you at the front desk. You will accompany your host to the first four periods of the day. After, you will have an interview with our Admissions Office.
Tips for a Successful Shadow Day:
Introduce yourself to our teachers and students. They will likely reach out to you first, but just in case they don't, make sure you say hello.
Try to relax! It's never easy to be a visitor in a new school, but you'll find that our faculty and students are very welcoming and look forward to helping you experience how unique STMA really is!
Please feel free to participate in classes and ASK QUESTIONS!
Have fun! Your education should be enjoyable and enlightening!