School Tours & Shadowing
Prospective families for the Upper School (grades 9-12) are invited to visit our campus in one of two ways: family tours or student shadowing/parent tours during shadowing.
Please call our Admissions Office at 919-576-7064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. Please plan to schedule your tour or student shadowing at least one week in advance.
Prospective families for the Middle School (6th grade opening in the fall of 2020) will be able to tour our new building in the summer of 2020.
During the school year or during summer months, families may request to visit STMA by scheduling a family tour. Family tours are scheduled on Wednesdays from 9am-Noon during the school year or by appointment during the summer months.
Student Shadowing/Parent Tours
Prospective students are welcome to “shadow” during our first four periods of the school day, throughout the school year.
Shadowing is typically scheduled on Wednesday mornings from 7:45am until Noon. Prospective students will be assigned student hosts who will serve as their "tour guides" during the shadowing experience.
If parents are interested in taking a tour of the school while their child is shadowing, please inform the Admissions Office to schedule. The parent tour will occur from 11:15am-11:45am.
- Visiting Student Information Form - After your student's shadow date has been confirmed, the Admissions Office will email this form to you for completion. Please complete the form before the shadow date.
- Arrival - Please park in the front parking lot and check your student in at the front desk by 7:45am.
- Pick-Up - Please pick up your student at 12:00pm by coming to the front office. If you have scheduled a tour, please arrive by 11:15am to complete the tour by 11:45am.
- Cancelations/Reschedules - If school is delayed or canceled due to inclement weather, we will inform you. Of course, if we are not closed, but you feel it prudent to cancel your visit due to weather conditions, please do so. If you need to cancel/reschedule your visit due to any other reason, please contact the Admissions Office.
- How should I dress? The STMA informal uniform consists of skirts or pants and a polo shirt for young ladies; and black pants and a polo shirt for young men. Any similar attire is acceptable. You may want to bring a sweater/fleece because our classrooms can be quite cold!
- What should I bring? Visitors only need to bring a notebook and a pen or pencil.
- What should be left at home? Personal cell phones or other electronics are not allowed in the classroom. If you bring your phone, you will be asked to leave it at the front desk, turned off.
- What is the schedule during my shadow day? After checking in, your student host will meet you at the front desk. Your host, though not necessarily attending the classes you shadow, will serve as a "tour guide", escorting you to and from the first four periods of the day. We have chosen both 9th and 10th grade classes for you to attend, which will allow you to experience some of our most unique classes with some of our most tenured instructors. At the end of your shadowing experience, you will have an interview with our Admissions Office from 11:45am-Noon. Parent pick up is at Noon.
Tips for a Successful Shadow Day:
Introduce yourself to our teachers and students. They will likely reach out to you first, but just in case they don't, make sure you say hello.
Try to relax and have fun! It's never easy to be a visitor in a new school, but you'll find that our faculty and students are very welcoming and look forward to helping you experience how unique STMA really is! Your education should be enjoyable and enlightening!
Please feel free to participate in classes and ASK QUESTIONS! Try not to be intimidated by upper level classes you attend. We don't expect you to know all the answers...yet!