St. Thomas More Academy is right for your student if:
- Your family is seeking a faithful, joyful, Catholic school.
- Your family prizes a rigorous, deep, classical education rooted in the tenets of the Catholic tradition that enriches the mind and provides students with a love of learning.
- Your family desires an education that will prepare your student intellectually, socially, and spiritually for a fruitful college experience.
- Your family desires an education that will prepare your student to be a responsible, thoughtful, virtuous, well-formed citizen.
- Your family understands that the behavior of each student is primarily the responsibility of his or her parents, but agrees to partner with STMA in the molding and forming of your student in accordance with our handbook. Please read the handbook here.
When to Apply?
The admissions process begins September 1st for the following academic year. Applicants may begin the process by visiting our campus as a student shadow (recommended). Families are also welcome to schedule a family tour or visit our campus during the annual Open House. After a family has decided that STMA is a good fit for their student, the entrance exam (ISEE) can be scheduled and the on-line application process may begin.
STMA has two rounds of admissions:
- Early (Winter) Admissions - The admissions process must be complete by early December to be considered for the first round of admissions decisions, which will be sent via mail by mid-December.
- Spring Admissions - The admissions process must be complete by early March to be considered for the second round of admissions decisions, which will be sent via mail by the end of the first week in March.
After the first two rounds, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis while class space is available. If space is not available, an applicant may be placed on the waiting list.