“The ordinary acts we practice every day are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.” (St. Thomas More)
St. Thomas More Academy provides a Catholic environment that encourages students to answer the Church’s call to the New Evangelization. Entering the front doors students pass under our motto Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (To the Greater Glory of God), and they encounter the Faith lived.
Opportunities for faith formation and development include the following:
- Weekly Mass
- Weekly opportunity for Reconciliation
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Morning prayer
- Monthly opportunities to participate in faith formation groups
- Service and Outreach Program - students engage in the practical work of the Christian through 20 hours of service within the local community and parishes each academic year
- Annual National March for Life - we attend this as a school community, in prayerful witness to the Gospel of Life
- Theology courses - We offer an unusually rich sequence of theology courses. All faculty teach faithfully with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. Theology teachers undertake a written oath of fidelity in solidarity with Pope John Paul II’s Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
There is a rich spirit of collegiality at STMA. Students pursue truth while remaining respectful of the opinions of others. This collegiality extends to the school’s non-Catholic students, all of whom are warmly welcomed as members of the STMA family.